Mailscanner plus SpamAssassin and CRM114

Pete pete at eatathome.com.au
Mon Mar 29 13:44:42 IST 2004

Simon Brock wrote:

> I have become a big fan of Mailscanner in the last couple of months
> and have installed it on all our mail systems.
>
> I have been comparing the quality of the spam rejection from
> Spamassassin (with Bayes, Razor et al) vs the spam filter in my copy
> of Eudora.  Despite teaching, SpamAssassin does not seem to come up
> to the level of Eudora's filter.
>
> I have recently discovered CRM114 (crm114.sourceforge.net) which
> claims and does produce very accurate results.  Using the distributed
> learnt files, it was almost 100% accurate.
>
> Obviously I would like to integrate this into my Mailscanner setup.
> I can potentially do it by adding a stage before MS but I was
> wondering if there might be a better way?  Unfortunately I cannot
> find one as I can find no way to make MS or SA call a program to
> check for spam.  Before I try to add such a mechanism, I thought I
> would ask here to see if anyone else could think of a route.
>
> Regards.
> Simon.

I know nothing of the product you speak of - but dont MTAs have options
for filtering software? I know postfix does, could you get the inbound
postfix MTA to run this filter over the mail before it gets to the
cinoming dir for MailScanner to begin its work? That is of course unless
mailscanner be configured to use this and SA ?