Mailscanner as a MailGateway

Ugo Bellavance ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM
Sat Mar 27 21:11:50 GMT 2004

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Steve Mason [mailto:SMason at KMSS.CA]
Envoyé : 27 mars, 2004 16:07
À : MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Objet : Re: Mailscanner as a MailGateway

 From: Ahmed Kaize [mailto:akaize at ZMSN.COM]
Sent: March 27, 2004 9:24 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Mailscanner as a MailGateway

I am planning to use the Mailscanner as a mailgateway sitting between my Exchange Server and ISP to filter the virus/spam.

I am not very good at Linux, but I like it better than Windowz...

Can some of you suggest, what is the easy distribution/version of Linux that I can use for this project?

I've done 3 full installs recently (2 for testing purposes, and one for a friend) using Fedora Core 1, MailScanner and Spamassassin on Postfix.
If you follow the installation instructions on the MailScanner website step by step, it works very well.
The only glitch with Fedora, is up2date is a bit broken. If you wget the latest up2date rpm, install it, then point the config at a decent mirror, all is well.

>>Personal opinion, but I believe it is a lot better to work with apt or yum than with up2date.  And it is totally free.
>>Please avoid HTML in posts, use plain-text only.
>>
>>Ugo

This transmission may contain confidential information and is intended for the original addressee only. Unauthorized reliance on, or dissemination of this information is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete or destroy this transmission.
Please be aware that communication with us via e-mail is, by its nature, not a 100% secure communications medium.
Thank you.