Server Crash

Miguel Koren O'Brien de Lacy miguelk at KONSULTEX.COM.BR
Fri Mar 26 13:27:35 GMT 2004

Vasiliy;

I had mysterious problems once and it turned out to be a faulty SCSI
(Quantum) disk in the swap area. This would corrupt the memory and Red
Hat 7.3 was not able to detect or recover from this. Once the disk was
changed, the problem went away. With 7.3 I also had some problems with
the virtual memory management that would sometimes kill the wrong
process and lock up the server. This was solved by adding more ram.

Miguel

--
Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo sistema de antivírus e
 acredita-se estar livre de perigo.