Illegal chars in subject causes missed tagging?

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Thu Mar 25 19:51:24 GMT 2004

I noticed today that I received spam that wasn't tagged and looked at
the headers. As you can see it is spam and it has two subject headers,
one is tagged and one is not. Outlook shows the last one, the one
without the tag. SA triggered the SUBJ_ILLEGAL_CHARS test, could it be
that the subject starts with a "-" that causes it to be doubled?

Subject: {Spam?} - Vi har sålt Kulan till Adecco
From: "xxxxxxxxxxx.com" <info at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com>
Subject: - Vi har sålt Kulan till Adecco
        BAYES_00 -2.00, HTML_FONTCOLOR_RED 0.10, HTML_FONTCOLOR_UNSAFE 0.10,
        HTML_MESSAGE 0.10, MIME_MISSING_BOUNDARY 1.84,
        SUBJ_ILLEGAL_CHARS 3.91)

I cut out a couple of lines but the lines between the two subject
headers are intact except for me scrambling the from contents.

Any ideas?

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.25-14,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.30, ClamAV 0.67 + GMP 4.1.2, MailStats 0.25