MailScanner or Sendmail dropping the ball? (fwd)

Stephen Swaney steve.swaney at FSL.COM
Wed Mar 24 18:47:21 GMT 2004

MailScanner is moving the messages from mquque.in and dropping them off in
mquque, it's doing it's part of the job.

Have you tried stopping MailScanner and starting sendmail using the normal
sendmail start script?

Do mails then get delivered?

Note that you won't have spam or virus protection when just sendmail is
running but if this also fails, you can be assured that your problem is with
the sendmail configuration or network.

Another thought - are the ultimate destinations of the email in the outbound
queue reachable? No problems with DNS resolution?

Are there any interesting messages in any of the logs.

Steve

Stephen Swaney
President
Fortress Systems Ltd.
Steve.Swaney at FSL.com

dangerous content by Fortress Secure Mail Gateway
and was found to be clean.

Fortress Systems Ltd. - http://www.fsl.com