Black/whitelists via SQL lookup

ISP List isp-list at TULSACONNECT.COM
Tue Mar 23 16:08:28 GMT 2004

At 09:16 AM 3/17/2004 -0800, Ken Anderson (Pacific Internet) wrote:
>Hi,
>
>We process about 600k msgs across 2 machines, and use per user rules in
>CustomConfig.pm. We store the per user rules in mySQL, but push them out
>via a perl script to mailscanner rules directories that MailScanner
>reads when it starts up.
>
>MailScanner loads and stores them all in memory and this increases the
>startup time as it reads the rules, and the RAM requirements of each
>MailScanner child process, but once they are in memory, it doesn't
>matter where they came from (sql or flat file).

Did you find that reading them from the SQL database on startup was too
slow?  I'm just curious on the extra step to have it pushed out to a flat file.

Also, any idea if modifications will be necessary for Oliver's CustomConfig
code to work in the new "special CustomConfig directory" stuff that Julian
implemented in 4.29.5?

Mike Bacher / mike at sparklogic.com
SparkLogic Development / ISP Consulting
Use OptiGold ISP? Check out OptiSkin!