Black/whitelists via SQL lookup

Ken Anderson (Pacific Internet) ka at PACIFIC.NET
Wed Mar 17 17:16:03 GMT 2004

Hi,

We process about 600k msgs across 2 machines, and use per user rules in
CustomConfig.pm. We store the per user rules in mySQL, but push them out
via a perl script to mailscanner rules directories that MailScanner
reads when it starts up.

MailScanner loads and stores them all in memory and this increases the
startup time as it reads the rules, and the RAM requirements of each
MailScanner child process, but once they are in memory, it doesn't
matter where they came from (sql or flat file).

I can't address the scalability of this though, since we only have about
500 custom per user rules right now.

Ken Anderson
Pacific.Net