getting tired of this...

Mon Mar 22 17:39:28 GMT 2004

Ken

stupid admins with stupid software that spams 'from' addresses with not
delivered etc emails....sigh.

There was a rant on attrition.org about all this, I gotta say I agree
with him.

Perhaps contacting the support desk of the people who make the software
and suggesting they change their defaults and ask their customers to do
the same????

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Ken Anderson wrote:
> Junk sent to abuse at pacific.net
>
>> Hello. The spammer below is either using your resources to send out bulk
>> unsolicited commercial e-mail or is deceptively trying to make it look
>> like
>> he is. In either case, a legitimate company like yours probably would not
>> approve. The information below should be all you need.
>

> We are seeing 5 a day and increasing, sent to our abuse address.
> In no case has it ever been a legit complaint of spam originating at our
> domain. It's always a forged header.
>
> The notification is generated by software called InboxShield, maybe
> others, that automatically email abuse@ every domain found in the header
> of spam when a customer clicks the 'report' button. Larger domains must
> be getting flooded with this stuff.
>
> Is there a group that these companies making anti-spam software can join
> that has some sort of principles and recognition of members who adhere
> to common sense anti spam techniques? This is really stupid software.
>
> Thanks,
> Ken A
> Pacific.Net

believed to be clean.