getting tired of this...

Ken Anderson ka at PACIFIC.NET
Mon Mar 22 17:14:56 GMT 2004

Junk sent to abuse at pacific.net

> Hello. The spammer below is either using your resources to send out bulk
> unsolicited commercial e-mail or is deceptively trying to make it look like
> he is. In either case, a legitimate company like yours probably would not
> approve. The information below should be all you need.

We are seeing 5 a day and increasing, sent to our abuse address.
In no case has it ever been a legit complaint of spam originating at our
domain. It's always a forged header.

The notification is generated by software called InboxShield, maybe
others, that automatically email abuse@ every domain found in the header
of spam when a customer clicks the 'report' button. Larger domains must
be getting flooded with this stuff.

Is there a group that these companies making anti-spam software can join
that has some sort of principles and recognition of members who adhere
to common sense anti spam techniques? This is really stupid software.

Thanks,
Ken A
Pacific.Net