Mailscanner, MTA and postfix questions - any chance of a guide?

Lindsay Snider lindsay at PA.NET
Thu Mar 18 15:26:15 GMT 2004

Pete wrote:
> Thaks for your reply, appreciated.
>
> Not being mcuh aof a Linux, let alone postfix, expert - why would I be
> better or worse of using your method vs the 2 x Postfix method? (as
> described on Julian's pages)?

I like the hold queue method because it seems cleaner.  It's less steps
to setup and only uses one postfix instance.

> Is there a short answer about performance, robustness, features some one
> could post?

Performance: Not sure, anyone test both?

Robustness: We've been using it on 7 servers for over a year w/o problems.

Features: I'd suggest they are the same on both

> My current mthod is working great, so am not itching to change, but i do

Yeah, there is definitely something to be said for not fixing something
that is not broke.