MailScanner not working after computer lockup

Stephen Swaney steve.swaney at FSL.COM
Tue Mar 16 23:05:29 GMT 2004

Are you starting sendmail AND MailScanner when you boot. Yous should only be
starting MailScanner as it properly starts sendmail.

Check your init scripts.

Steve
Stephen Swaney
President
Fortress Systems Ltd.
Steve.Swaney at FSL.com

> running, the chkconfig for that is off and has been for a while, but it
> almost seems like sendmail is taking over.  If I restart MailScanner, then
> get the message of:
>
> SYSERR:  No such file /var/run/sendmail.in.pid
>
> I have tried running the ps auxww to kill everything sendmail and
> restarting
> MailScanner with no luck again.
>
> I will keep on looking at the archives for more info, but I am at a loss
> on
> why this is happening right now.
>
> Rob

> believed to be clean.
>
> Fortress Systems Ltd.
> www.fsl.com

dangerous content by Fortress Secure Mail Gateway
and was found to be clean.

Fortress Systems Ltd. - http://www.fsl.com