how to drop e-mail from blacklist.rules

Kourosh mailscanner at MINDWARESYSTEMS.COM
Tue Mar 16 22:51:22 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 14:34, James D. Parra wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have two MailScanner servers (one to replace an older one). When I added a
> blacklist.rules to the newer server it started tagging everything as spam. I
> found this in the header of a false positive;

> ~~~
>
> However, these are the only entries in the blacklist rule set.
>
> From:   *@nj45.com      yes
> From:   *@duma.gov.ru   yes
>
> ~~~
>
> On another note, the older server simply drops any e-mail that meets the
> criteria within the blacklist, but new server simply marks it as spam. How
> can drop email that are listed in the blacklist?
>

> Thank you,
>
> James

James,

Make sure Spamassassin isn't using the defunct Infinite Monkeys rbl
list.  It's been an ongoing issue on the list.

How MS handles spam is user configurable.  Check the Mailscanner.conf
file under the section "What to do with spam".

Regards.
--
Kourosh <mailscanner at mindwaresystems.com>