Sendmail & MailScanner - can't connect from public addresses {solved}

James D. Parra Jamesp at MUSICREPORTS.COM
Tue Mar 16 22:40:27 GMT 2004

Thank you. This was a routing issue. We changed IP addresses on this server
and the routing table was rewritten after every reboot.

Editing the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup did the trick.

James

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Thomas [mailto:lists at STHOMAS.NET]
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2004 4:47 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Sendmail & MailScanner - can't connect from public
addresses

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 04:02:21PM -0800, James D. Parra is rumored to have
said:

> It appears that either Sendmail or MailScanner is only accepting
connections
> from the local subnet.
>
> Any ideas on how to fix this?

I see these types of problems a lot here at work whenever someone sets up a
new *nix machine (especially SCO or Solaris). You might want to make sure
that there's a default route set up in your IP routing table.

--
"Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?"
- Bumper Sticker