Gentoo and MailScanner?

Remco Barendse mailscanner at BARENDSE.TO
Tue Mar 16 15:43:03 GMT 2004

I will probably be replacing my RedHat installed base systems with Gentoo.

I looked through the Gentoo forum but there is not much to be found about
MailScanner to my surprise.

Is anyone running MailScanner on Gentoo and are there any pitfalls?

Gentoo seems like the perfect distro to me because the full distro can be
updated continuously without a complete re-install or you can do just
security updates thereby keeping the system stable.

The rpm of MailScanner includes some custom perl modules with the distro,
obviously those patched versions must be installed on the Gentoo system
too.

Any input greatly appreciated, maybe we can even get MailScanner included
in the portage tree :)