FW: All of a sudden F-Secure decides to stop updating on the hour

Brent Strignano brent at MIRABITO.COM
Tue Mar 16 15:52:56 GMT 2004

I think a delay (up to 10 minutes?) was put in the script to avoid our servers hammering the virus companies in unison every hour. That would explain the apparent hang when running manually but not if it never updates.

Brent Strignano
System Administrator
Granite Capital Holdings
Sidney, NY

-----Original Message-----
From: Ugo Bellavance [mailto:ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 1:36 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: All of a sudden F-Secure decides to stop updating on the hour

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Michael Freeman [mailto:admin at thenamegame.com]
Envoyé : 16 mars, 2004 01:08
À : MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Not sure why this is happening. We have been running the latest version of MailScanner + F-Secure 4.5+ for over a week. All of a sudden, on two servers, f-secure is no longer updating the virus signatures on the hour. The latest update was on the 11th. It was working till then. When I try to run the cron.hourly script it just hangs and does nothing. I disabled my firewall and the same thing. Only one box is up-to-date the other two stopped updating on the 11th. Please tell us why? Should we use the cron supplied by F-Secure instead?

<UB>
Logs?
-Please avoid HTML in posts
</UB>