sophos savi error, solaris, LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Mon Mar 15 22:37:02 GMT 2004

shanna leonard wrote:
> here - cpan documentation... suggests not removing sun's  perl, so
> therefore there are two versions on the system, one is "sun's" perl.
 > http://search.cpan.org/~nwclark/perl-5.8.3/README.solaris#DESCRIPTION

Yes, but that's from CPAN, MS doesn't require 5.8 at all, it only needs
5.005 and Sun delivers 5.6.1 so you're good with that. You said MS
needed it, see below.

 >>> I have two versions of perl - (per mailscanner solaris doc)
 >>> but yeah, duh, I did change the first line of MailScanner to call the
 >>> right one.

> yeah, I did have /usr/bin/perl symlinked to /usr/local/bin/perl... my
> mistake.

Why is that a mistake, isn't that where your 5.8 is?

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.25-14,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.30, ClamAV 0.67 + GMP 4.1.2, MailStats 0.25