sophos savi error, solaris, LD_LIBRARY_PATH

shanna leonard ssl at AHSC.ARIZONA.EDU
Mon Mar 15 23:34:51 GMT 2004

ah well, the issue is that we dont have the sun c compiler on that
machine, just gcc, and I had difficulty (errors) attempting to use gcc
to add the required perl modules to the default solaris perl, so I just
installed a 2nd version of perl...

Peter Bonivart wrote:

> shanna leonard wrote:
>
>> here - cpan documentation... suggests not removing sun's  perl, so
>> therefore there are two versions on the system, one is "sun's" perl.
>
> > http://search.cpan.org/~nwclark/perl-5.8.3/README.solaris#DESCRIPTION
>
> Yes, but that's from CPAN, MS doesn't require 5.8 at all, it only needs
> 5.005 and Sun delivers 5.6.1 so you're good with that. You said MS
> needed it, see below.

>> yeah, I did have /usr/bin/perl symlinked to /usr/local/bin/perl... my
>> mistake.
>

> Why is that a mistake, isn't that where your 5.8 is?

oh, I mean my mistake that I thought I hadnt made that symlink, when in
fact I had.

--
----
MHO