a bit lost

Shoval Tomer shoval at SOFTOV.CO.IL
Sun Mar 14 23:58:48 GMT 2004

Hi,

I've been running mailscanner for the past month.

Everything works great, I'm using mail scanner with spam assassin,
clamAV and Panda AV.

Virus scanning and filtering works great.

The software was installed from RPMs (from the original MailScanner web
site) on a RedHat 9.0 machine.

I have two problems.

One - filetype filtering doesn't seem to work (it is enabled in
MailScanner.conf, and the filetypes.rules.conf is in place) only
filename filtering works, but it's not preferable.

Two - I want to train sapmassassin, cause I'm having many
false-positives, as well as real spam getting through. But I can't find
almost any files as directed by the FAQ. First of all, there's not
MailScanner dir under /opt. I can't find sa-learn anywhere on my system.
Changes I make in MailScanner.conf regarding spam assassin do work, but
nothing else does.

I do see detailed reports of Spam Assassin scores in the mail headers,
so it is working.

As far as I could tell, the installation went without a hitch.

So, what am I doing wrong???

Thanks in advance,

Tom