a bit lost

Mike Kercher mike at CAMAROSS.NET
Mon Mar 15 01:18:31 GMT 2004

sa-learn is here:  /usr/bin/sa-learn

________________________________

On Behalf Of Shoval Tomer
        Sent: Sunday, March 14, 2004 5:59 PM
        To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
        Subject: a bit lost

        Hi,

        I've been running mailscanner for the past month.

        Everything works great, I'm using mail scanner with spam assassin,
clamAV and Panda AV.

        Virus scanning and filtering works great.

        The software was installed from RPMs (from the original MailScanner
web site) on a RedHat 9.0 machine.

        I have two problems.

        One - filetype filtering doesn't seem to work (it is enabled in
MailScanner.conf, and the filetypes.rules.conf is in place) only filename
filtering works, but it's not preferable.

        Two - I want to train sapmassassin, cause I'm having many
false-positives, as well as real spam getting through. But I can't find
almost any files as directed by the FAQ. First of all, there's not
MailScanner dir under /opt. I can't find sa-learn anywhere on my system.
Changes I make in MailScanner.conf regarding spam assassin do work, but
nothing else does.

        I do see detailed reports of Spam Assassin scores in the mail
headers, so it is working.

        As far as I could tell, the installation went without a hitch.

        So, what am I doing wrong???

        Thanks in advance,

        Tom