More Spam wanted

Quentin Campbell Q.G.Campbell at NEWCASTLE.AC.UK
Mon Mar 15 08:15:45 GMT 2004

IANAL but I would counsel UK sites to think very carefully about this
before deciding to divert (even high scoring) spam to a third party for
"research".

For a start it seems a pretty clear breach of RIPA. It also seems to
leave a site open to a breach of the DPA if a forwarded message is a
false positive containing personal data.

Of course this raises questions for UK sites as to whether they should
be forwarding probable spam to any black-listing sites, etc. I am afraid
I do not have an answer to that.

Quentin
---
PHONE: +44 191 222 8209    Information Systems and Services (ISS),
                           University of Newcastle,
                           Newcastle upon Tyne,
FAX:   +44 191 222 8765    United Kingdom, NE1 7RU.
"Any opinion expressed above is mine. The University can get its own."