Request to all for the MAQs

Gib Gilbertson Jr. gib at TMISNET.COM
Sun Mar 14 04:29:54 GMT 2004

Hi Ugo.

Here is my config.

volume   : 22,000 messages per day
Hardware : PIII 1.4GHZ, 1 GB Ram, Dual 80GB Raid 0 IDE
Software : FreeBSD 4.9, Sendmail, MailScanner, SpamAssassin, ClamAV
RBLs     : SBL+XBL (MailScanner), SpamCop (SpamAssassin)

System is acting as an incoming gateway for about 100 domains I host on
other servers, plus handles all incoming and outgoing mail for my own
domains and 700 or so e-mail accounts.

75% of the mail coming in is spam, and about 1.5% is virus laden.

gib

At 10:44 PM 3/13/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>         I'd need some input from you for the "sample setup" part of the
> MAQ, to help people figure out what kind of hardware to fit their needs.
>
>Pretty easy, just send me your MailScanner server(s) config and
>volume.  Here is an example (my config)
>
>==
>Volume:         200 messages/day
>Hardware:       1 X Pentium II, 233MMX, 256 MB RAM, 4.3 SCSI HDD.
>Software:       Fedora Core 1, Sendmail, Gateway mode, Spamassassin,
>Pyzor, DCC,
>                 Razor, MailWatch, Vispan, Mailscanner-MRTG
>Rbls:           None in MTA, None in MailScanner, All in SpamAssassin
>==
>
>It is not mandatory to send that much details, but it would be appreciated.
>I won't publish your name/organization, unless you ask me to.
>
>Thanks in advance to all of you for your collaboration.
>
>--
>Ugo Bellavance
>Camo-Route Inc.
>514-593-5811