Request to all for the MAQs

Richard Lynch rich at MAIL.WVNET.EDU
Sun Mar 14 15:53:08 GMT 2004

Ugo Bellavance wrote:

>Hi,
>
>        I'd need some input from you for the "sample setup" part of the MAQ, to help people figure out what kind of hardware to fit their needs.
>
>Pretty easy, just send me your MailScanner server(s) config and volume.  Here is an example (my config)
>
>==
>Volume:         200 messages/day
>Hardware:       1 X Pentium II, 233MMX, 256 MB RAM, 4.3 SCSI HDD.
>Software:       Fedora Core 1, Sendmail, Gateway mode, Spamassassin, Pyzor, DCC,
>                Razor, MailWatch, Vispan, Mailscanner-MRTG
>Rbls:           None in MTA, None in MailScanner, All in SpamAssassin
>==
>
>It is not mandatory to send that much details, but it would be appreciated.
>I won't publish your name/organization, unless you ask me to.
>
>Thanks in advance to all of you for your collaboration.

Volume:         250,000 messages/day
Hardware:      1)  Dual Xeon P4 3Ghz, 1.5 GB RAM, 2 36GB SCSI Raid1
                         2) Dual Xeon P4 2Ghz, 1.5 GB RAM, 2 36GB SCSI Raid1
                         3) Dual Xeon P3 1.4Ghz, 1.25 GB RAM, 2 36GB
SCSI Raid1
Software:        RHEL AS V3, Sendmail, Spamassassin, DCC, MailScanner-MRTG
Rbls:                All in MailScanner