sophos savi error, solaris, LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Sat Mar 13 01:32:09 GMT 2004

shanna leonard wrote:
> I have two versions of perl - (per mailscanner solaris doc)
> but yeah, duh, I did change the first line of MailScanner to call the
> right one.

If you symlink perl like I do you don't have to remember to change in
MailScanner every time you upgrade. Where did you get that you need two
perl versions? In general that's bad and Julian discourages it for MS too.

> however still had the problem of sophos libsavi.so library not found.
>
> I symlinked from /usr/local/lib/libsavi.so to /usr/local/Sophos/lib .
>
> & that seemed to help. I wonder if I did something wrong in the install
> to necessitate this kludge.
>
> I did re-install sophos, since the first time I installed it, I used the
> sophos standard install, second time Mailscanner Sophosinstall...

I don't use Sophos so I can't help you there but Julian strongly
recommends his script so you should be better off with that.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.25-14,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.30, ClamAV 0.67 + GMP 4.1.2