Sendmail & MailScanner - can't connect from public addresses

Stephen Swaney steve.swaney at FSL.COM
Sat Mar 13 00:35:18 GMT 2004

In your sendmail.mc file you should probably comment out - add a "dnl" in
front of the line - that starts with DAEMON_OPTIONS. This line causes
sendmail only to accept connections from the localhost. A correct example
from the sendmail.mc file is below:

dnl # The following causes sendmail to only listen on the IPv4 loopback
address
dnl # 127.0.0.1 and not on any other network devices. Remove the loopback
dnl # address restriction to accept email from the internet or intranet.
dnl #
dnl DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')dnl

Then rebuild your sendmail.cf with the m4 macro.

Steve
Stephen Swaney
President
Fortress Systems Ltd.
Steve.Swaney at FSL.com

> Any ideas on how to fix this?
>
> This may be useful;
> grep "inet" /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
> #O ClientPortOptions=Family=inet, Address=0.0.0.0
>
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> James

> believed to be clean.
>
> Fortress Systems Ltd.
> www.fsl.com

dangerous content by Fortress Secure Mail Gateway
and was found to be clean.

Fortress Systems Ltd. - http://www.fsl.com