Sendmail & MailScanner - can't connect from public addresses

Steve Thomas lists at STHOMAS.NET
Sat Mar 13 00:46:57 GMT 2004

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 04:02:21PM -0800, James D. Parra is rumored to have said:

> It appears that either Sendmail or MailScanner is only accepting connections
> from the local subnet.
>
> Any ideas on how to fix this?

I see these types of problems a lot here at work whenever someone sets up a new *nix machine (especially SCO or Solaris). You might want to make sure that there's a default route set up in your IP routing table.

--
"Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?"
- Bumper Sticker