Most wanted FAQ's

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA
Thu Mar 11 20:58:15 GMT 2004

Le jeu 11/03/2004 à 15:20, Ugo Bellavance a écrit :
> Hi Denis,
>
>         I've given consideration to all your comments and I appreciate
> your input.  However, the MAQ must remain relatively short, so I
> cannot put everything.  The best way to work is to create a FAQ entry,
> then I'll put a link to it in the MAQ, if appropriate.  See below for
> my comments.
>

> >About customizing SA:
> >- I modified a little bit the routine I posted to
> >http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/serve/cache/86.html:
> >  1- modify /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf
> >  2- copy /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf into
> >~/.spamassassin/user_prefs
> >  3- test it with spamassassin --lint
> >  4- reload MS if no error
>
> I'll just put a link to your faq entry.

Can someone modify it?

> >- Also you should mention the rules files available at
> >http://wiki.spamassassin.org/w/CustomRulesets.  They really
> >enhance SA's
> >score
>
> I put http://www.exit0.us/index.php/RulesDuJour in the "optimize my
> setup" part.  Isn't it the same thing?

I don't know.  Yours seems to be centered on the script that fetches the
rules while mine is a description of the different rules...

> >- make sure pyzor knows its servers: create /etc/cron.daily/pyzor with:
> >  #!/bin/bash
> >  pyzor discover
> >

> I think a faq entry would be necessary for this and razor's update
> feature.  Not sure if it is really worth putting into a MAQ.

New FAQ entry:
http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/serve/cache/288.html

> >You should also mention the UTF-8 bug on Linux (mostly RedHat/Fedora)
> >and the /etc/sysconfig/i18n file.
>
> Very OS-specific, it is in the faq and if you do a google search
> you'll get the answer (That's what I did when I set up my first
> MailScanner server)

I know but there were so many messages about this last week that it
needs mentioning to new users.

Denis
--
  _