Server Spec for MailScanner

Pete pete at eatathome.com.au
Sun Mar 7 07:19:21 GMT 2004

> We are at the moment running a single Celeron 2.2GHz SuSE w/512MB RAM
> and 2x IDE drive with software RAID1 ... machine is usually in the range
> of .1-.2 load average ... running the current MailScanner w/ F-Prot and
> ClamAV ... (adding Clam added somewhere around .05-.1 to the load
> average). Currently, the machine is running spam&AV tests for something
> like 20-30k emails on weekdays ...
>
> -gg

Thanks this is very usefull info.

with that kinda of load, things like MyDoom or some of the other recentl
nasties had little impact on performance, mail was still scanned and
routed in a timely manner?
I think from searching the archive and reading here that i will go with
the single faster CPU option, with loads of RAM.