changing spamassassin points configuration

Gerry Doris gdoris at rogers.com
Thu Mar 4 14:20:25 GMT 2004

> kfliong wrote:
>
>> So in other word, I just have to let the user stop getting some mails
>> (eventhough some might be important) while waiting for SA to learn
>> that the
>> sender is not sending spams?
>>
> If you have a copy of the email you can teach it to SA by using the
> command "sa-learn". See "man sa-learn" or the list archives for more
> info.  In summary, have a copy of the mail as either a single file with
> the headers and body or a bunch of them in a mbox style mailbox and run
> the command (as the same user that MS runs as):
> sa-learn --ham filename
>
> Daniel

Also, you can download a file of spam from the SpamAssassin site and use
it to train your bayes database.  I did this originally as I have a low
volume server and it was taking forever to get bayes trained.  It's not
the best way as you're teaching bayes from someone else's spam, but I
figured spammers are an equal opportunity group and send their stuff to
everyone!

Once it's up and running it automagically trains itself on your specific
spam from there on.

Gerry