DOS attacked :(

Randal, Phil prandal at HEREFORDSHIRE.GOV.UK
Thu Mar 4 12:46:26 GMT 2004

Pete wrote:

> Not on dyn IP, sa ISNT working with RBLs, this appears to be the cause
> of all my woes, although i am not really sure, but it seems
> that way. I
> have posted already with my logs, but i notice i can ping spamcop.net
> but NOT bl.spamcop.net as it appears in spam.lists.conf, this is the
> same from XP machine, so assume its meant to be this way - but non the
> less all the rbls fail every time whan run by SA.

Are you running the latest version of Net::DNS ?

  perl -MCPAN -e
  install Net::DNS

will install it.

Also, on the subject of DNS, the IP address of one of the DNS root servers
changed on January 29th.  The definitive source of the list is
ftp://ftp.rs.internic.net/domain/named.root.  On some boxes it will be
called named.cache or named.ca.

Phil

P.S. Net::DNS v0.45 and later is said to be twice as fast as earlier
versions in handling DNS packets, so it is worthwhile upgrading it.