DOS attacked :(

Rick Cooper rcooper at DWFORD.COM
Thu Mar 4 11:49:53 GMT 2004

I would sort out your network problems before you go one more
step, MailScanner has nothing to do with this if you cannot even
manully ping a RBL host by name.

It's been awhile since I used a bone stock redhat configuration
and I have never bothered with RH.9 but I am sure the bone stock
named config is only a caching server so it alows updates from
none, listens on 127.0.0.1 only and allows access from 127.0.0.1
only. No need to do anything clever just resolve for the
localhost only.

Just do the items I described earlier  and redo your manual rbl
tests. If you can ping by name then try your MS tests again, I
think you will be amazed. But once you get things sorted out
don't forget to chkconfig --add named and chkconfig named on

If you cannot resolve a host name nothing is going to work
properly, I can't image how you are sending the mail? Have you
looked at your outbound queue?