Multi Threaded Perl

David Hooton david at PLATFORMHOSTING.COM
Wed Mar 3 05:46:04 GMT 2004

Hi All,

We have one box which for some reason seems to have been hit really hard by
the latest version of MailScanner the strange thing about this is that it's
the newest and most highly specified box we have.

The only difference I can see with this box is that it's running
multithreaded perl 5.8.0 is there any known issues with this at all?

The box itself is a dual processor PIV with 1Gig of Ram running RedHat 9.
We have the work dirs in tmpfs etc and have no problems with our other
boxes, just this one which has gone from easily able to process 100,000
messages per day down to bearly processing 15,000

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

David Hooton

Senior Partner