SpamAssassin+sendmail config questions

B.G. Mahesh bg.mahesh at INDIAINFO.COM
Tue Mar 2 16:59:43 GMT 2004

hi

I have been using SpamAssassin so for Linux  with sendmail+procmail.

I decided to use ClamAV and Mailscanner today. I have few basic questions,

1. I had created /etc/procmailrc for SpamAssassin. Do I leave it "as is" ?

2. On http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/mailscanner.shtml
I see
that I have to create,

   /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming
   /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine

What should be the permissions of these directories?
Should they be the same as mqueue.in as mentioned on
http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/sendmail.shtml ?

3. On http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/sendmail.shtml
I see the instructions for modifying sendmail commands. In my
/etc/init.d/sendmail I have,

        daemon /usr/sbin/sendmail $([ "x$DAEMON" = xyes ] && echo -bd) \
                                $([ -n "$QUEUE" ] && echo -q$QUEUE)
        RETVAL=$?

What should the above lines change to?

regards,