MailScanner problems

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA
Mon Mar 1 22:17:06 GMT 2004

Le lun 01/03/2004 à 16:53, John McKee a écrit :
> Good afternoon,
>

>   I've recently installed MailScanner for the sole purpose of blocking
> attachments.  I am not interested in Spam blocking or antivirus scanning
> (via MailScanner) at this time.
>
>   My problem is that although the types are specified, .txt, .bat,. pif,
> etc. they are all being allowed through.
>
>   I haven't been able to locate a log file specifically for
> MailScanner.  I have watched traffic through /var/spool/maillog and
> messages on var/spool/messages; but nothing is making itself apparent.
> MailScanner does appear to be running, determined through various
> restarts via 'service MailScanner restart".
>
>   Fedora Core 1.  Sendmail 8.12.10.
>
>   I have scanned the help files, google, etc.  Where else can I look?
> I'm willing to post various log files, confs, etc if someone can help me
> out.
>
> Thanks,
> John McKee

John,

You probably have sendmail running alongside MailScanner.  Do "service
sendmail stop" and "chkconfig sendmail off", make sure no sendmail is
still running and then restart MailScanner.

Denis
--
Denis Beauchemin, analyste
Université de Sherbrooke, S.T.I.