MailScanner problems

John McKee jmckee at RESODYN.COM
Mon Mar 1 21:53:35 GMT 2004

Good afternoon,

  I've recently installed MailScanner for the sole purpose of blocking
attachments.  I am not interested in Spam blocking or antivirus scanning
(via MailScanner) at this time.

  My problem is that although the types are specified, .txt, .bat,. pif,
etc. they are all being allowed through.

  I haven't been able to locate a log file specifically for
MailScanner.  I have watched traffic through /var/spool/maillog and
messages on var/spool/messages; but nothing is making itself apparent.
MailScanner does appear to be running, determined through various
restarts via 'service MailScanner restart".

  Fedora Core 1.  Sendmail 8.12.10.

  I have scanned the help files, google, etc.  Where else can I look?
I'm willing to post various log files, confs, etc if someone can help me
out.

Thanks,
John McKee