Has Sophos got slower again?

Martin Sapsed m.sapsed at BANGOR.AC.UK
Mon Mar 1 18:16:17 GMT 2004

Hi folks,

My EM Library has installed Sophos 3.79 for me on my test (Debian
stable, MailScanner-4.26-4, Sophos linux.intel.libc6.glibc.2.2) box and
I've noticed it being a bit sluggish today. As this box only handles my
e-mail (I say only, but that's still quite a bit) it got me wondering. I
tried just starting sweep on a tiny file and it took maybe 15 seconds. I
tried the older version (3.78d) and it was maybe 6 seconds. Is anyone
else with 3.79 seeing this slowdown?

Maybe I should look at sophossavi again....?

Cheers,

Martin

--
Martin Sapsed
Information Services               "Who do you say I am?"