ANNOUNCE: Unstable 4.28.1 released

Steve Evans sevans at FOUNDATION.SDSU.EDU
Mon Mar 1 18:07:11 GMT 2004

Some of the new viruses send a password protected zip file, with the
password in the body of the message, so this would probably  be a bad
idea.

Steve Evans
SDSU Foundation

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Tony Finch
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 9:52 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: Unstable 4.28.1 released

I like this new ability to check files inside zips. In order for it to
be useful here, I would need to be able to distinguish
password-protected zips from cleartext zips (so I can let my users use
the former to get past my filter when they need to), and I'd like to be
able to e.g. only splat the zip file if its only contents is an
executable file (requiring a custom config function for this is OK).

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot at dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/ FAIR ISLE: WESTERLY
BACKING SOUTHERLY 4 OR 5, OCCASIONALLY 6. OCCASIONAL RAIN.