F-Prot - Debian - MailScanner paths

Dave's List Addy listonly at WEBPRESENCEGROUP.NET
Mon Mar 1 17:06:04 GMT 2004

We have MailScanner running great here, using Clam but we want to test
F-Prot to see if we want an additional VS to catch all these bad email
viruses (sp)

In looking at the notices send to us to make sure we are getting viruses
caught I only see Clam running the scan;

    Report: ClamAV: application.pif contains Worm.SomeFool.B-petite
            MailScanner: Shortcuts to MS-Dos programs are very dangerous in
email (application.pif)

We did the .deb install of F-Prot from their site and it seems that
everything is in /usr/local/f-prot and in looking at the f-prot wrapper and
autoupdate in MS the paths all want /usr/lib/f-prot :(

Should we ln -s /usr/lib/f-prot /usr/local/f-prot or change the MS settings
in f-prot wrapper and autoupdate? Which is the better path to take, not the
easiest:))

One other thing (If I should post a separate message I can, whack me on the
head)

Still trying to get this whole SA and Bayes and custom rules figured out,
any good pointers would be great too, we are using BigEvil, Backhair and
James Grey's rules in /etc/mail/spamasassin/ I am to assume that MailScanner
will know to pickup theses additional rules here? But the above is more of a
concern.

TIA
--
Thanks!!