Attachment filter

Antonio Lobato tomlobato at IG.COM.BR
Wed Jun 30 18:29:34 IST 2004

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 16:51:39 +0100
"Spicer, Kevin" <Kevin.Spicer at BMRB.CO.UK> wrote:

> >        I read how mailscanner works and saw that it use the sendmail
> queue > schema. Can I run mailscanner in another way, say, calling it
> from p3scan?
>
> No, it's a batch based processing system, calling it on an individual
> message - or while a user is waiting for a download is likely to cause
> unacceptable load and delay

        Please see reply that I wrote to Mariano Absatz. As I already started to write such function set, I experienced enough speed for interception -> attach_name_scan -> send_to_client.
        The only bad delay is for virus scan, because scanner (clamav here) take some seconds to decide whether is or not virus.

        Thank you
        Tom

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk