Attachment filter

Antonio Lobato tomlobato at IG.COM.BR
Wed Jun 30 18:23:57 IST 2004

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 13:22:53 -0300
Mariano Absatz <mailscanner at LISTS.COM.AR> wrote:

> Hi Antonio,
>
> I don't think you'll be able to... for one thing, MailScanner is written in
> Perl, not C, but that's not the major problem.

        Good, I program in Perl too :-)
        I just thought that mailscanner is in C.

> MailScanner is designed, from the ground up, to pick messages from a queue,
> process them, and leave them in another queue, and NOT to process messages
> 'on the fly'.

        What p3scan does is to get the message from pop server and put it in a directory. So, I just need some program that:

        1) get a message file
        2) search such attach names
        3) possibly remove them
        4) create another file with such possible modifications

        In realy, I already started write such program in C, but stopped when saw that I would have to decode mime parts whose file encoded are another mails (Content-Type: message/rfc822). The work was growing up too much :-)
        So, if I find some function set (in Perl or C) that execute the 4 steps above, I`ll be done.

        Thank you
        Tom

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk