Attachment filter

Mariano Absatz mailscanner at LISTS.COM.AR
Wed Jun 30 17:22:53 IST 2004

Hi Antonio,

I don't think you'll be able to... for one thing, MailScanner is written in
Perl, not C, but that's not the major problem.

MailScanner is designed, from the ground up, to pick messages from a queue,
process them, and leave them in another queue, and NOT to process messages
'on the fly'.

This is a major design concept and you'd find yourself completely rewriting
MailScanner in order to do that.

FWIW, if you'd like to learn Perl and DIY, MailScanner uses MIME::Tools
(http://search.cpan.org/~eryq/MIME-tools-5.411a) for most of its attachment
handling... although Julian provides a security patched version you might
like to use.

Regards.

El 30 Jun 2004 a las 12:32, Antonio Lobato escribió:

>         Hi all,
>

>         I run p3scan (p3scan.sourceforge.net) on a linux internet gateway.
> Its a pop3 proxy which intercept pop3 connections (helped by iptables)
> from internal network to the external pop3 servers. But such software has
> not a feature that I need and Mailscanner has: search for attachment names
> and remove such attachs, sending mail to the recipient without such "bad"
> attach.
>
>         I read how mailscanner works and saw that it use the sendmail
> queue schema. Can I run mailscanner in another way, say, calling it from
> p3scan?
>
>         If not, I program in C, and could change mailscanner parts to make
> this job. If so, some hint from developers?
>

>         Thank you
>         Tom

Mariano Absatz
El Baby
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk