Attachment filter

Holger Gebhard gebhard at EPOST.DE
Wed Jun 30 17:59:53 IST 2004

Seems all to work OK...

System:

Debian
Postfix 2.1.3
SpamAssassin 2.63
MailScanner 4.31.4
Clamav 0.73

When Password-Protected Archives are not allowed -> Message is blocked by
Mailscanner
When Password-Protected Archives are allowed -> Message send as normal

Holger

----- Original Message -----
From: "Antonio Lobato" <tomlobato at IG.COM.BR>
To: <MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 5:32 PM
Subject: Attachment filter

>         I run p3scan (p3scan.sourceforge.net) on a linux internet gateway.
Its a pop3 proxy which intercept pop3 connections (helped by iptables) from
internal network to the external pop3 servers. But such software has not a
feature that I need and Mailscanner has: search for attachment names and
remove such attachs, sending mail to the recipient without such "bad"
attach.

>         I read how mailscanner works and saw that it use the sendmail
queue schema. Can I run mailscanner in another way, say, calling it from
p3scan?

>         If not, I program in C, and could change mailscanner parts to make
this job. If so, some hint from developers?

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk