bug processing zip file with errors

Mariano Absatz mailscanner at LISTS.COM.AR
Wed Jun 30 15:30:40 IST 2004

Hi,

I got again the same problem I described in http://tinyurl.com/228le but now
I could capture the message.

The culprit is an (apparently) innocent message that contains a corrupted zip
file. The big problem is that instead of detecting the zip file as corrupt
and do something (maybe we should have an option about what to do?),
MailScanner loops infinitely, eating CPU, and the message doesn't get
delivered nor deleted.

Julian, would you take a look at this when you have a moment, please?

INFO: MailScanner 4.29.7 with ZMailer 2.99.56 - Archive::Zip 1.10 - RedHat
(used with an old RHL6.1 and with Fedora Core 1). Verified with Perl 5.6.1
and 5.8.3.

Example corrupt zip file (don't know where it came from nor what it has, it
was in a message that triggered the problem):
http://baby.com.ar/MailScanner/err_zip/PSt422.zip

Would someone with an MTA other than ZMailer try to send this file thru a
MailScanner server and see what happens?

Example ZMailer queue file: http://baby.com.ar/MailScanner/err_zip/queue_file

Supervise log (supervise is capturing STDERR from MailScanner):
http://baby.com.ar/MailScanner/err_zip/supervise_times.log

MailScanner log of the affected process (pid=3472):
http://baby.com.ar/MailScanner/err_zip/mailscanner.log
(there were no further output from that PID until I manually killed it at
10:57).

Output of 'top -b -n1' before killing the affected process:
http://baby.com.ar/MailScanner/err_zip/top.out

TIA

--
Mariano Absatz