Messages with multiple recipients not being scanned

Gib Gilbertson Jr. gib at TMISNET.COM
Sun Jun 27 23:20:32 IST 2004

Hi.

I've been getting more and more spam of late and noticed that MailScanner
is not scanning most of these. They have the "Unscanned Header Value"
attached to them. These e-mails are addressed to many recipients and appear
to get through unscanned because one of the recipients is on the whitelist.

I remember reading on the list at some point in time about having to do
something to make sendmail or MailScanner treat each recipient as an
individual e-mail, I've tried going through the archives but can't seem to
find the thread.

Running the following:

FreeBSD 4.10
MailScanner 4.26.8