Tagging Suggestion, Priority, SPAM HEADER

Matt matt at FILEHOLDER.NET
Sun Jun 27 19:29:32 IST 2004

>This header is used to IDENTIFY your scanning, dont use a generic tag to
>add there. You can add tags like that with custom rules if you like. The
>purpose of this header is different.

# Add this extra header to all messages found to be spam.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Spam Header = X-%org-name%-MailScanner-SpamCheck:
Spam Header = X-MSMail-Priority: Low

I don't read it that way.  Sounds to me like its only added to messages that
scored high enough to be called spam.

>> So I changed it to this:
>>
>> Spam Header = X-%org-name%-MailScanner-SpamCheck:
>> Spam Header = X-MSMail-Priority: Low

>This header is used to IDENTIFY your scanning, dont use a generic tag to
>add there. You can add tags like that with custom rules if you like. The
>purpose of this header is different.

>> Will that work with two lines?  What if a spammer already tags there spam
as
>> medium or high?  Is there a way to change the existing tag instead if it
>> exists?  I am not sure how Outlook Express would filter if there were
more
>> then one priority tag.

>IF! you want to do this, i dont think its smart however, you could tell
>mailscanner to replace it if its there. But i dont think your clients
>would be happy if you touch header lines that their sender add on purpose.

I am ONLY wanting to add this to messages Spamassassin feels are spam.

># What to do when you get several MailScanner headers in one message,
># from multiple MailScanner servers. Values are
>#      "append"  : Append the new data to the existing header
>#      "add"     : Add a new header
>#      "replace" : Replace the old data with the new data
># Default is "append"
># This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
>Multiple Headers = append

This has nothing to do with this as far as I can tell.  This regards headers
that are added to all messages wether they are spam or not.  I only want to
change the messages that are found to be spam.

Matt

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk