Tagging Suggestion, Priority, SPAM HEADER

Sun Jun 27 09:52:02 IST 2004

Hi!

> So I changed it to this:
>
> Spam Header = X-%org-name%-MailScanner-SpamCheck:
> Spam Header = X-MSMail-Priority: Low

This header is used to IDENTIFY your scanning, dont use a generic tag to
add there. You can add tags like that with custom rules if you like. The
purpose of this header is different.

> Will that work with two lines?  What if a spammer already tags there spam as
> medium or high?  Is there a way to change the existing tag instead if it
> exists?  I am not sure how Outlook Express would filter if there were more
> then one priority tag.

IF! you want to do this, i dont think its smart however, you could tell
mailscanner to replace it if its there. But i dont think your clients
would be happy if you touch header lines that their sender add on purpose.

# What to do when you get several MailScanner headers in one message,
# from multiple MailScanner servers. Values are
#      "append"  : Append the new data to the existing header
#      "add"     : Add a new header
#      "replace" : Replace the old data with the new data
# Default is "append"
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Multiple Headers = append

Make that 'replace', but again, i think its really bad and breakng things
like you suppose...

Bye,
Raymond

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk