MailScanner/Sendmail Gateway LDAP

Harry Hanson harryh at CET.COM
Fri Jun 25 19:10:11 IST 2004

Actually imo it should be used more.. This would eliminate much of the queue
where the bounce messaged are "refused" (most span has forged reply addys
anyway), and place the burden of the "unknown user" on the sending mta where
it belongs, rather than clogging up the receiving mta's queue. Since it
would be rejected during the smtp process of the gateway server, this would
eliminate much of the uneeded traffic.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk