Postfix check headers

Peter Bates Peter.Bates at LSHTM.AC.UK
Wed Jun 16 11:12:01 IST 2004

Hello all...

> SJCJonker at SJC.NL 16/06/04 06:03:49 >>>
>Hmm this sound scary, as you can send mail without an To: in the
body.
>You are now "holding" on the To: in the body not the envelope. So if
an
>virus or spam would be send without to it would pass right through.

When trying to get a single Postfix instance working, I looked at
various combinations of headers, to ensure finding one that was always
added to a mail...

I eventually picked on:

/^Received:.*by .*\.lshtm.ac.uk \(Postfix\)/ HOLD

Although in this case, I've wild-carded our domain to cover more than
one host. Postfix will always add these headers, but isn't 100%
guaranteed to change/add anything else (e.g. Date:)...

Peter Bates, Systems Support Officer, Network Support Team.
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
Telephone:0207-958 8353 / Fax: 0207- 636 9838

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk