- ruleset

Ron Hahn (Senior Analyst) HahnR at SHB.IE
Wed Jun 16 12:42:24 IST 2004

   ...snip...

> > You need to look at rulesets. Have a look at the examples and
> > search the email archive. You should be able to "whitelist"
> mails from
> a specific
> > address without too much difficulty.
> > I would, however, do two things:
> > 1 - Set the HTML rules to disarm as opposed to block.
> > 2. Email the producers of the newsletter and give them a
> good larting.
>
> This should be a rulset for msgident or what ever, not for users.
> I dont want to disable scripts for several users only for mails from
> ebay ...

I have the HTML rules for my users set to disarm.. especially for eBay!
This seems to work fine as the users can still use the saved searches links
but without the forms actions..

> > Anybody who insists on using scripts in newsletters these
> > days should be put up against a wall and shot!
>
> ebay does ... :-(

..as do many others.  The "HTML disarm" feature works just fine without
breaking the rest of the email.

Ron

the system manager.

MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses , using the latest available virus signatures .

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk