the new postfix single instance install method

Darren Fulton darren at CONCEPTTECHNOLOGYINC.COM
Fri Jun 11 20:51:34 IST 2004

 Thanks for trying to help.  It still isn't working.  I really think a
full "How-To" is called for.  This has got to be one of the most popular
methods of implementing MailScanner.  If I figure it out I will write
one.  If someone has done this recently and taken notes, please share.
I know there is more to this than is listed here:

http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/postfix.shtml
I haven't been this frustrated since making a global contact list with
OpenLDAP.

 I would go into detail about what isn't working, error messages,
software versions, etc, but the problem comes down to the fact that I
haven't set the damn thing up correctly.

 What I'm trying to do is use Redhat/Fedora, MailScanner, ClamAV, SA,
and Postfix to receive email, filter out the bad stuff, and forward it
to the final mailserver.  Everyone says that it is very easy.  I've done
it before myself 6 months ago and it went fine and they are still using
that server and are happy.  MailScanner has changed since then.  It
isn't working this time because I'm not doing something right.  I'm not
doing something right because I haven't found a clear set of
instructions on how to do it.  So, please help if you can, otherwise
sorry for taking up your time.   Have a good weekend.

 Darren

--

Best Regards,

Darren Fulton