the new postfix single instance install method

Andrei Gologan info at AG-IT.DE
Fri Jun 11 07:53:04 IST 2004

> Hello,
>
> I understand that the recommended installation method for postfix when
> used with mailscanner has changed.  I've not found the documentation on
> it though, by searching the list or google, on how it applies to gateway
> mode.  From a redhat rpm install of postfix, what changes need to be
> made to the vanilla postfix install in order to have it act as an email
> filtering gateway?   Thanks in advance...

if it is for gateway or for local delivery is quite the same. You can write
in the transport table of postfix what to do with the e-mails.

The basic config is here:
http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/postfix.shtml

If you want a little bit more you can check out
http://www.geocities.com/scottlhenderson/spamfilter.html ist does not cover
mailscanner, but its quite good for the postfix part.

and of course: http://www.postfix.org/docs.html

Greetings,
Andrei G.
www.ag-it.net